Monday 12 December 2011

Justin BBar


Before I get your hopes up this blog actually has nothing to do with Justin Bieber, sorry! The restaurant we ate at before seeing Wicked was called BBar. My Dad had gone to lastminute.com where you can get a meal and then see a musical for a really cheap price. We could have either gone to ASK restaurant or the BBar, we felt like being fancy so we chose the BBar. Just the location sounded fancy: Buckingham Palace Road, we were practically dining with the Queen! It’s actually a cocktail bar and restaurant but we were going for the food rather than the drinks; we didn’t want to be drunk for the musical!

The décor wasn’t really how I imagined it would be; I pictured sleek, shiny, black and white wallpaper with chrome and glass furnishings.  In reality it had an animal safari theme but it was still very sophisticated. There were many of those odd animal sculptures dotted around the place made of bamboo and wood, probably from Ikea. The menus had animal photos on the back, and the chairs and wallpaper were all animal print. The chairs were actually wicker armchairs with big squishy cushions, although their size meant it was quite hard to get close to the table. 

One of the conditions of the dinner and a show deal was that there was a set meal. There were only three choices for each course, and you could only have two courses. My Dad was the only one of us to pick a starter. One starter choice was Thai Fishcakes, quite the swanky starter, better than cheesy garlic bread at least! And they didn't have just any old burger; they had a beef burger in a toasted bun with lettuce and tomato relish - it's like an M&S advert! But I didn't have that (though I usually would have, only I had a burger the day before) I had the Ravioli instead. It was so tasty, a nice change from my usual studenty beans on toast. The dessert, oh God, the chocolate brownie with ice cream was the best I have ever had! I could have eaten at least five more of those! Yummy! Just thinking about it now makes my stomach rumble. Once we were full we were ready to see Wicked, and I couldn't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment